These values shape who we are and what we do.
The Greene County Family Justice Center is a community collaboration of public and private agencies dedicated to ending domestic violence and resulting victimizations through prevention and coordinated response by providing comprehensive client-centered, empowerment services in a single location.
Our vision is a future where we all work together to meet the needs of domestic violence survivors through comprehensive and accessible services, education and perpetrator accountability. Through a coordinated framework and co-located response, we strive to break the vicious generational cycle and community impact of domestic violence and resulting victimizations.
- Increase safety, promote healing, and foster empowerment through services for survivors and their children
- Service that promotes victim autonomy
- Culturally Competent
- Commitment to the utilization of culturally competent services approaches that are measurable and behavior based
- Community Engaged
- Engage the community through outreach and community education
- Shape services to meet the needs of the survivors
- Evaluate and adjust services based on survivor input and evidence-based best practices
- Maintain close working relationships among all collaborators/agencies (law enforcement, prosecution, community-based domestic violence programs, shelters and other social service agencies)
- Prevention Oriented
- Integrate primary, secondary and tertiary prevention approaches in to all initiatives, programs and projects
- Develop a Family Justice Center community that values, affirms, recognizes and supports staff, volunteers and clients
- Offer survivors a place to belong even after crisis intervention services are no longer necessary
- Offender Accountability
- Increase offender accountability through evidence based prosecution strategies